April 17, 2010

garters assembled


The garters are ready to be attached to the corselet. The hardware was easy to assemble. First I sewed the elastic to the clawed clip.


Then I slipped the garter grip on the elastic and wove the elastic through the claw part.


Above you can see each step. From left to right, the elastic alone, the elastic sewn to the clip, the grip slipped onto the elastic, the elastic pulled up and through the clip, and finally, the clip closed.

Now all I have to do is attach them to the corselet, and finish with bias trim. After 5 months (How did that happen?) the end is in sight!

5 comments:

  1. think I just posted a comment but it may have been lost! I had a look back over your posts for the corselet, and while I've got an idea of how it'll look, I really can't wait to see the overall effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. " 5 months (How did that happen?)"

    -winter. nuff' said. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare, I can't wait to see it either!

    And so true imblebee. Winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see the finished corselet! I just finished reading/catching up from the beginning of your blog, and now I'm sad that I don't have more to read, haha.
    -anxiously awaiting next post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sarah and thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete