July 20, 2010

fun news


There was a big reason I wanted to finish the 1650 bodice by July 4th. Soon I will be a student at Kent State University's School of Art studying textile arts. Graduate school. Yea. For now that means packing up my belongings then unpacking them at a new place. The sewing machine is in the shop getting cleaned and oiled before the move, the work table has been broken down, and books have been boxed. The bodice will have to wait until everything is unpacked, which won't be forever, but does mean a delay in finishing it. I wish I were organized enough to make a seamless transition from one space to the next, but I'm not. As soon I have a new sewing spot set up I'll have more bodice updates. In the meantime, here's a picture of patterns ready to go to a new home.

4 comments:

  1. Do you have a new home for the patterns or are you selling them somewhere I should check out? That advance pattern peeking out looks like one I have had my eye on.

    and YAy! grad school! I will get myself there someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy! When I reread the post I did sort of imply the patterns need a new home, but I didn't mean that! They are going to my new home. That Advance pattern is a beauty isn't it? An Edith Head original. I can't wait to trace it off and sew it up. Thanks for the grad school cheer. If you want to get there you will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't envy your move - however so many congrats on gaining entry for further study! It all sounds very exciting (and about that, I am very envious!)

    ReplyDelete